Technical Report On Trojan: JS/Redirector
3 August 2012
Junk Email attachments, malicious sites, freeware application
Redirects your browser to another malicious website
All type Of Windows OS
Researcher Report On Trojan: JS/Redirector
Trojan: JS/Redirector are redirect PC users for following websites
Distribution Channel Of Trojan: JS/Redirector & Its Harmful Impacts
- When you download free-ware application from unauthorized websites.
- When you access junk email attachments and spam email attachments.
- Visit any malicious websites,
- Open any unauthenticated web pages
- Browse rogue websites and using P2P file sharing networks.
- Use of infected external media like pen drive, USB hard drive etc
Trojan: JS/Redirector is redirects your web browsers to one website to another. It is also difficult to detect because they hide themselves by integrating into the operating system. It causes your Internet speed become very slow as well as PC performance. Thus, it is very important to get rid of Trojan: JS/Redirector from the infected PC as quickly as possible.
A. Trojan: JS/Redirector Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Trojan: JS/Redirector related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Trojan: JS/Redirector Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Trojan: JS/Redirector Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Trojan: JS/Redirector related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Trojan: JS/Redirector, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Trojan: JS/Redirector Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Trojan: JS/Redirector related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Trojan: JS/Redirector or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Trojan: JS/Redirector or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Trojan: JS/Redirector program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Trojan: JS/Redirector toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Trojan: JS/Redirector extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Trojan: JS/Redirector
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Trojan: JS/Redirector set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Trojan: JS/Redirector to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Trojan: JS/Redirector add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Trojan: JS/Redirector Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Trojan: JS/Redirector. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Trojan: JS/Redirector Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Trojan: JS/Redirector or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Trojan: JS/Redirector completely.
User Guide : Automatic Trojan: JS/Redirector Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Trojan: JS/Redirector and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Trojan: JS/Redirector and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Trojan: JS/Redirector
Step 5 Trojan: JS/Redirector Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.