Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Description
Storage.googleapis.com pop-up has been used by the cyber criminals for misleading activities. Typically, it displays fake notifications which claim that some of the installed computer programs are outdated and the system's memory is almost full. After doing so, the threat offer downloading few updates and also claim to provide a so-called optimized program that will eliminate the junk files from your machine and clean your computer's memory as well. However, please do not fall for what this threat claims, because all you can install is a rogue program that have included to fake PC optimizer app or a potentially unwanted application. Storage.googleapis.com pop-up may appear on your machine out of nowhere.
In case, if you are experiencing such annoying pop-ups on each of your installed Internet browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera and others, then it does mean that your machine has been affected with a kind of adware or a potentially undesired application. Typically, the adware associated with Storage.googleapis.com pop-up is spread in a bundle with some cost-free softwares, such as PDF creators, download managers, video streaming programs etc. That is why, you should be very careful at the time of downloading and installing freeware apps on your system. Of course, you should also try to avoid visiting suspicious domains because there are number of phishing websites that have been affected the online scammers and made to display misleading advertisements for system users.
What to do after Storage.googleapis.com pop-up infection?
If you have been seeing scary or threatening messages on your computer screen while browsing the web, then it may mean that your machine was infected with a adware or a PUP. In most of the cases, Storage.googleapis.com pop-up offer calling the number shown on its displayed messages. However, just because of excessive amount of pop-ups, the security researchers from RPVT strongly recommend do not call on the provided number, because it is a high chance that you will lose your precious money. If you are suffering from such annoying and threatening notifications, then you should scan your machine with a reputable anti-spyware scanner and remove the annoying program associated with this pop-up message. In such circumstances, the RPVT security analysts recommend using a credible anti-spyware like the one provided below in this article which is compatible with all versions of Windows operating system.
A. Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Storage.googleapis.com pop-up related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Storage.googleapis.com pop-up related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Storage.googleapis.com pop-up, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Storage.googleapis.com pop-up related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Storage.googleapis.com pop-up or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Storage.googleapis.com pop-up or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Storage.googleapis.com pop-up program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Storage.googleapis.com pop-up toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Storage.googleapis.com pop-up extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Storage.googleapis.com pop-up
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Storage.googleapis.com pop-up set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Storage.googleapis.com pop-up to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Storage.googleapis.com pop-up add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Delete Storage.googleapis.com pop-up from Firefox
How to Remove Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Storage.googleapis.com pop-up. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Storage.googleapis.com pop-up or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Storage.googleapis.com pop-up completely.
User Guide : Automatic Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Storage.googleapis.com pop-up and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Storage.googleapis.com pop-up and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Storage.googleapis.com pop-up
Step 5 Storage.googleapis.com pop-up Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.