This post will assist help you to delete OSX.Ransom!gen1 from your infected PC. If you are one of its victims and searching for an effective removal solution from a long time then your search ends here. Just go through with this effective removal guide and carry out the instructions as in exact order.
Expert Analysis on OSX.Ransom!gen1
OSX.Ransom!gen1 is regarded as a heuristic detection which is used to detect the threats associated with family of OSX.Ransom. This program is basically originated from the Trojan infection. It pretends to be normal and useful but additionally it has a hidden unwanted or malicious programs that evades all safety mechanisms. This type of Trojan is compatible with all version of Windows OS including Windows Server 2000, Server 2003, Server 2005, Vista, XP, 95, 98, 7, 8, 10 and so on. It executes its malicious codes in the background and introduce more hazardous System files. Specifically, it has been designed and created by cyber hackers along with the sole intention to make money and profit.
Where does OSX.Ransom!gen1 comes from?
Most of the times, PC get contaminated with OSX.Ransom!gen1 via bundled of freeware packages. Beside this, it can also gets installed on your PC when you open a spam letter and its attachment that contains malicious codes. Once link is activated, Systems will be infected with this malicious programs. It also spread via an exploit kits, drive by downloads, use of any infected removable devices, sharing file over P2P network etc. It always changes its propagation method but mainly mainly attacks via Internet. In order to keep PC safe from such an infection you need to be very attentive while performing installation procedure. Your little attention can avoid your PC from the attack of OSX.Ransom!gen1.
What can OSX.Ransom!gen1 do?
After getting installed on the PC, OSX.Ransom!gen1 will mess up the entire System performance. It performs several malevolent activities on the affected PC to damage them. This Trojan manipulate the windows files, registry entries and add start-up code to start itself automatically each time when user start their PC. It has ability to cause various harmful consequences but some of them are as follows :
- Degrades your System performance and Internet speed.
- Automatically connects you to the remote hackers.
- Modifies your browser as well as System settings.
- Captures your all sensitive data and exposed them to the public.
- Disables the functionality of all security tools and software.
A. OSX.Ransom!gen1 Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view OSX.Ransom!gen1 related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete OSX.Ransom!gen1 Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove OSX.Ransom!gen1 Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for OSX.Ransom!gen1 related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than OSX.Ransom!gen1, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. OSX.Ransom!gen1 Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall OSX.Ransom!gen1 related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find OSX.Ransom!gen1 or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall OSX.Ransom!gen1 or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search OSX.Ransom!gen1 program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall OSX.Ransom!gen1 toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove OSX.Ransom!gen1 extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove OSX.Ransom!gen1
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove OSX.Ransom!gen1 set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of OSX.Ransom!gen1 to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove OSX.Ransom!gen1 add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove OSX.Ransom!gen1 Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from OSX.Ransom!gen1. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. OSX.Ransom!gen1 Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect OSX.Ransom!gen1 or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete OSX.Ransom!gen1 completely.
User Guide : Automatic OSX.Ransom!gen1 Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of OSX.Ransom!gen1 and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of OSX.Ransom!gen1 and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with OSX.Ransom!gen1
Step 5 OSX.Ransom!gen1 Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.