Are you also among those Internet users who noticed that their default homepage has been replaced with this home.getpokedex.com URL? Do you know when and how it happen? Do you want to back your default homepage? Do you know how to remove home.getpokedex.com and re-set browser settings as its default? If No, then don't be panic and follow this post to get complete solution of existing problems …..
Actually the identified suspicious domain named “home.getpokedex.com” is a piece of malware program which is associated with browser hijacker virus. This virus is mainly used to gain full control over victimized computer web browser. Its presence will first hijack your default homepage, afterward home.getpokedex.com will begin facilitate its harmful operations to mess computer. Being a browser hijacker it will also perform some possible changes with browser settings to redirect your each and every search result to its associated sites. Additionally, it may also responsible for installing various unwanted browser extensions, advertising programs on victims browser. Its presence will always hamper your online activities by redirecting you to unsafe sites or by displaying tons of ads that will gets appear automatically whenever you will launch your browser and visit any site.
Presence of browser hijacker on computer is not safe as it may steal your valuable informations, track your online activities to gather browsing details to share such details with cyber criminals. It means these informations may used to perform illegal operations, so be careful and try to Uninstall home.getpokedex.com immediately from computer as it detected in order to stay safe. If this threat is not removed immediately from computer then it may generate various unexpected system troubles that will make you tough to revert back changes and also prevent accessing of computer. It may easily delete and modify system files, inject harmful code to mess computer and alter default Windows functionality of computer to disable Firewall and desktop icons. Such unpleasant changes may reach computer on the verge of corruption, so it is advised to delete home.getpokedex.com immediately from PC in order to avoid such consequence that may definitely occur if this browser hijacker exists on computer.
Remove home.getpokedex.com : How to Completely Get Rid of home.getpokedex.com
home.getpokedex.com is identified as a infectious redirect virus that is capable to ruin your system. It silently get added and bring numerous changes in essential system’s settings without your consent. Once activated, home.getpokedex.com will start editing your default search browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Goggle Chrome, IE and Safari to make its result hijacked to suspicious websites along with evil motive. It is designed just like genuine domain and try to attract user by displaying attractive offers and discount coupons. home.getpokedex.com will bring changes in your essential system’s settings including security, default browser’s settings without asking your permission. What’s more worse, it will mix up its code in the start up section to get added every time after its start up. home.getpokedex.com will gather your banking and personal details including user name, contact number, passwords and so on.. by tracking your online activities. Thus, it would better to remove home.getpokedex.com immediately before its too late.
A. home.getpokedex.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view home.getpokedex.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete home.getpokedex.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove home.getpokedex.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for home.getpokedex.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than home.getpokedex.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. home.getpokedex.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall home.getpokedex.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find home.getpokedex.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall home.getpokedex.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search home.getpokedex.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall home.getpokedex.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove home.getpokedex.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove home.getpokedex.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove home.getpokedex.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of home.getpokedex.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove home.getpokedex.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove home.getpokedex.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from home.getpokedex.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. home.getpokedex.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect home.getpokedex.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete home.getpokedex.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic home.getpokedex.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of home.getpokedex.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of home.getpokedex.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with home.getpokedex.com
Step 5 home.getpokedex.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.