BTC Ransomware arrives on your computer without your awareness? Suffering file encryption issues? Have tried all your best remove the virus, but it still there? This removal tutorial can help you with the complete BTC Ransomware removal. Please read more.
Facts About BTC Ransomware
BTC Ransomware is belongs to the ransomware family that is first discovered by Michael Gillespie. The Ransomware emerged in early November 2016 and managed to enter the user's PC. It infect the PC mainly email attachments and encrypts all your important files and folders. During the encryption process, it also add ".BTC" extension for each encrypted files like "sample.jpg" becomes "sample.jpg.BTC". BTC Ransomware is different, it do not directly demand a ransom payment. The message encourages victims to contact developers via email addresses provided. Developers of the ransomware provide three different emails for communication: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Hackers demand from the victims from 0.5 to 1.5 Bitcoins in exchange of decryption tool. These amount demand to hackers account in given time of period, otherwise you will loss your files permanently. Strongly advised, never send any amount to this hackers account because its only a trap to making money.
Intrusion Method Of BTC Ransomware
- Opening any junk or spam email attachments which is send by unknown sources.
- Download or install any freeware application from unofficial sites.
- Visiting or clicking any malicious links.
- Browse rogue sites and using outdated anti-virus software.
- Using peer-to-peer file sharing networks.
- Watching adult movies and playing online games.
- Install pirated software.
- Updating any existing applications or programs from any unverified redirected links.
BTC Ransomware Is Dangerous-
Without your consent BTC Ransomware steal your all crucial data like bank account details, IP address, username, password, email ID, IP address, PIN number, phone number and more. These information send to cyber crooks in order to malicious activities. It encrypts your all files and demand a ransom amount to their decryption key. You cannot access your any encrypted files without decryption key. Your computer performance will become very slow as well as your Internet connection. Most of computer programs get disable due to this rubbish malware. This nasty threat can install more other malicious threat into your computer. It damages your registry to make your computer filled with security exploits. So, it is very important to remove BTC Ransomware from your computer.
Protect Your Computer From BTC Ransomware
- You should make sure you have updated antivirus software on your computer.
- If you working online then always be very careful and always use precaution.
- You should download any software or applications only legitimate site and make sure that there are no negative comments or articles about the chosen software.
- Never open any junk email attachments which is send by unknown person.
- Do not click any suspicious links while you visiting online.
- Make a backup your all important files and folders.
- Keep your system updated with the latest security features.
- When you using any storage device like pan-drive or memory card firstly scan them then insert the PC.
How to Remove BTC Ransomware Completely
BTC Ransomware is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, BTC Ransomware might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. BTC Ransomware execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of BTC Ransomware is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious BTC Ransomware is.
BTC Ransomware often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
BTC Ransomware brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. BTC Ransomware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view BTC Ransomware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete BTC Ransomware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove BTC Ransomware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for BTC Ransomware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than BTC Ransomware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. BTC Ransomware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall BTC Ransomware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find BTC Ransomware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall BTC Ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search BTC Ransomware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall BTC Ransomware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove BTC Ransomware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove BTC Ransomware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove BTC Ransomware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of BTC Ransomware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove BTC Ransomware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove BTC Ransomware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from BTC Ransomware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. BTC Ransomware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect BTC Ransomware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete BTC Ransomware completely.
User Guide : Automatic BTC Ransomware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of BTC Ransomware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of BTC Ransomware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with BTC Ransomware
Step 5 BTC Ransomware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.