Hello friends, Yesterday night while doing online shopping, I got "CouponUnity" which claims to provide the best deals. After getting such an exciting deals, I aggressively clicked on that but I did not get any coupons as it claimed. Rather than providing any coupon, it degrades my System performance speed. I have used several method to delete it from my infected PC but unable to do so. Please help me anyone to stop annoying ads and delete CouponUnity.
Researcher Report on CouponUnity
If you are seeing any ads which involves words "CouponUnity" including "Generated by CouponUnity", "Advertisement by CouponUnity", "Powered by CouponUnity" etc then it is a sign that you are in a big trouble. It may advertised on the Web as a good program that claims to enhance your online shopping experience. But in reality, it is an adware program that installed into the user PC secretly. It may not be the most dangerous thing online but suspicious enough to destroy your online experience. The sole intention of its con artists to earn revenues from innocent users.
Sources for the infiltration of CouponUnity
Being a nasty adware program, CouponUnity installs on your System along with the cost free software. Freeware packages usually offers you to install additional program. If you download and install any cost free applications from the Internet by choosing Default mode then it secretly lurks inside your PC. Therefore, it is highly advised by expert that you should be very careful while downloading and installing anything from the Internet, accept software license completely, read terms & conditions before installing packages and deselected all unknown programs.
Activities Performed By CouponUnity
Once CouponUnity gets installed, it floods your System screen without thousand of commercial ads in various form including in-text ads, deals, discounts, banners, promo codes, video ads, image ads etc. These ads are based on the PPC platform used by its developer to generate web traffic and help hackers to gain profit. Thus, you should not click on any link. Apart from the annoying ads, it brings other malicious threats which are stubborn in nature. In short, CouponUnity is completely harmful for the user PC which does not only annoyed user by displaying ads but also keeps their System privacy at the high risk. To have a better online experience and keep PC safe from further malware attack, it is very necessary to remove CouponUnity as soon as possible.
A. CouponUnity Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view CouponUnity related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete CouponUnity Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove CouponUnity Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for CouponUnity related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than CouponUnity, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. CouponUnity Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall CouponUnity related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find CouponUnity or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall CouponUnity or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search CouponUnity program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall CouponUnity toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove CouponUnity extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove CouponUnity
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove CouponUnity set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of CouponUnity to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove CouponUnity add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
Get Rid Of CouponUnity In Just Few Steps
|French||Tutoriel À Éliminer CouponUnity de Internet Explorer|
|German||Deinstallieren CouponUnity von Opera|
|Polish||kroki w celu Odinstaluj CouponUnity z Chrome|
|Portuguese||Livrar-se de CouponUnity de Safari : Derrubar CouponUnity|
|Italian||Rimozione CouponUnity manualmente|
|Spanish||Retirar CouponUnity de Internet Explorer|
|Japanese||削除 CouponUnity 手動で|
|Dutch||Oplossing voor Desinstallatie CouponUnity|
|Danish||Easy guide til at Slip af med CouponUnity fra Safari|
How to Remove CouponUnity Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from CouponUnity. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. CouponUnity Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect CouponUnity or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete CouponUnity completely.
User Guide : Automatic CouponUnity Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of CouponUnity and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of CouponUnity and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with CouponUnity
Step 5 CouponUnity Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.