What Exactly is PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC?
PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC is the detection name of MyFasterPC (so-called system Optimizer Tool) that uses international false positives to deceive Windows users in installing MyFasterPC and purchasing its full version to fix a number of errors that even doesn't exist on the targeted computer. Technically, it is not a virus but a deceptive potentially unwanted program that you should not keep installed on your computer. Let us clear, this unwanted program scan your whole system after getting installed and display a fake scan report and tries to scare you by summarizing that your computer has been damaged, registry files are corrupted, drivers are not updated, Junks files and so on. But when you click “Repair Issues", you see option to “Upgrade” and your web browser gets redirected to its official websites – myfasterpc.com. There you see fake achievements of the unwanted program and suggestion to purchase key of MyFasterPC – Optimizer Tool.
Suspicious Behaviors of PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Unwanted Program:
- Hijacking your Web browser s – This unwanted program take control over your web browsers by altering homepage or newtab settings and disabling safe browsing option. Afterwards, your web browsers behave totally abnormally.
- Displaying popup ads – PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC invites a couple of adware applications on your computer and displays endless advertising contents on the web page that you open on your web browser.
- Infecting your desktop shortcuts – It also infects shortcut files of web browsers on desktop, hence whenever you double click any of them, your browser gets redirected to myfasterpc.com and on some other web pages as well.
- Inserting ads to the web pages – PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC also inserts a bunches of advertising banners, pop ups and hyperlinked texts on the web pages that you open on your affected web browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer and Edge as well.
PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC – Infection Prevention Tips
To prevent such infection, first of all you should know that usually PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC got onto your computer as a part of freeware (free software or games) applications. Developers bundle up adware and unwanted program along with must needed free applications like Media Player, Movie Maker, Flash player, Java, Youtube downloader and more. When you install any of them without checking through 'Custom or Advanced' windows, your PC gets penetrated with PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC or other similar programs. Though, you can decline optional program installation though Custom installation window. Moreover, we strongly advise not to install existing programs updates from redirected links. Instead you should visit official websites to update installed programs. Moreover, for 24/7 real time security, keep an Antivirus software installed and up-to-date on your computer.
Now, it's time to delete PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC from affected computer. Follow the provided removal instructions:
How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Easily
PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC is classified as adware or potentially unwanted program which annoys the users during their web session. It is capable to violate the security settings and find its own way to invade in the targeted system. Usually, PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC comes attached with spam emails, infected removable devices, free software etc and gets installed as an extension in different web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. It does not allow the users to surf normally and misleads them to the suspicious sites. Your screen will be filled with lots of advertisements and promotional alerts. It convince the users to download the free software, video or music files and in the meantime installs harmful threats in bundles to affect the PC efficiency. Thus, do not get trapped in the scam of hackers and avoid clicking on PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC anymore.
Besides this, PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC can also interrupt your online shopping session by displaying variety of deals, best offers, discount coupons, promo codes etc. It claims to help the users to shop under their budget and convince them to purchase products from its links. You must be aware that when you will make payment then third party hackers can gain your financial details secretly. It can result extremely dangerous for the users identity as the system performance. So, you need to take immediate action in order to get rid of PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC permanently after detection.
A. PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC completely.
User Guide : Automatic PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC
Step 5 PUP.Optional.MyFasterPC Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.