Sage ransomware : What Is It?
Sage ransomware is a newly discovered malware threat that may be related to Teslacrypt. It may use outdated certificates to bypass some scanners and heuristic detection. After get inside the PC, the ransomware uses custom-made AES-256 and RSA-1024 algorithms to encode data. It generates a private key based on system parameters for every compromised PC. It also add .sage file extensions for each encrypted files. After that, the malware changes desktop background with AVuKmu.bmp picture, that contains information about this attack. According to this desktop image the victim to download Tor Browser and access secret payment website. After access this site, the victim needs to know his personal ID, which is stored in !Recovery_AVuKmu.txt and !Recovery_AVuKmu.html files. The personal payment site is known as Sage User Area and it has five sections such as Home, Payment, Test Decryption, Instructions, and Support page. It informs the victim, if you want to restore the files then send a ransom amount that is0,73962 BTC, which is $545. These amount send to limited time of period. According to the threat, the unique decryption key "will be destroyed" when the given period passes. Do not send any amount to their hackers account because its only a scam.
Penetration Of Sage ransomware
Sage ransomware comes with packed on spam email attachments and third party freeware application and software. When you will open and run the freeware installer or open attachments of spam emails, the ransomware will be loaded in your PC. Other ways-
- Using peer-to-peer file sharing network.
- Downloading pirated softwares and playing online games.
- Visiting or clicking any suspicious images.
- Playing online games and watching adult movies
- Browse rogue sites and install pirated software.
Potential Risk Associated By Sage ransomware
Sage ransomware encrypt all your files and demand a huge amount. You should not send any amount to this hackers account. If any user send the amount to this hackers then it will loss their files, money and privacy also. For the making money and other illegal activities the ransomware gather your all sensitive data like username, IP address, credit card number, debit card number, PIN number, phone number and more. These data transfered to hacker to the purpose of commercial activities. Computer behaves very sluggish as well as Internet speed. Therefore, if you want to fix all these type of such issues then remove Sage ransomware from the PC immediately.
How to Remove Sage ransomware Completely
Sage ransomware is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, Sage ransomware might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. Sage ransomware execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of Sage ransomware is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious Sage ransomware is.
Sage ransomware often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
Sage ransomware brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. Sage ransomware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Sage ransomware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Sage ransomware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Sage ransomware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Sage ransomware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Sage ransomware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Sage ransomware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Sage ransomware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Sage ransomware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Sage ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Sage ransomware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Sage ransomware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Sage ransomware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Sage ransomware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Sage ransomware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Sage ransomware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Sage ransomware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Sage ransomware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Sage ransomware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Sage ransomware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Sage ransomware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Sage ransomware completely.
User Guide : Automatic Sage ransomware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Sage ransomware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Sage ransomware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Sage ransomware
Step 5 Sage ransomware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.