Detail Information About MyMemory
MyMemory is deceptive applications that can be categorized as an adware program. It claims to provide the best translations available for your source text. It contains professionally translated segments. But its all claim are fake. The adware downloaded into the system without the user permission. It is created by third party companies to the purpose of tracking user Internet browsing history and also displays various intrusive online ads. This malicious program delivers coupons, banner, pop-ups and other similar advertisement by employing a ‘virtual layer’ is a tool that enables placement of third party graphical content on any site. Often these ads conceal underlying content of visited websites. Additionally, this also redirect the user to malicious websites and if in case user click on them they can result in further more adware or malware infections.
How MyMemory Distributes?
MyMemory comes bundled with freeware application and software. It comes your PC from the free downloaded program like videos, games, software and so on. When user install any freeware application without reading its term and condition then the unwanted program easily invade the PC. Other intrusion method of the unwanted program-
- Torrent file sharing networks.
- Install pirated software.
- Visiting or clicking suspicious sites.
- Playing online games and watching online videos.
- By Fake emails that appear to come from unknown source.
How MyMemory Endangers?
MyMemory can track your all online activities and also gather your all personal data such as IP address, user-name, password, PIN number, credit card or debit card number and bank account related details. Those details send to cyber criminals to illegal purpose. You system speed get slow download and makes everything difficult to respond. You should redirects to malicious websites, where containing lots of other infections. It can hijack your web browsers and redirects your web links to some suspicious sites with the motive to earn money and enter into your PC. MyMemory installs rogue files, particularly with the function of modifying your browser proxy-related settings. Some other problems caused by MyMemory-
- It can execute numerous harmful tasks to take up lots CPU and RAM space
- Modify the default settings of the web browser.
- Crack the firewall of the web browser.
- Change the default home page of your web browser.
- Always display different types of unwanted ads everywhere.
So, if you want to fix all these problems then get rid of MyMemory from the infected PC as soon as possible.
Prevention Tips About MyMemory
- Never download any freeware application from unofficial sites.
- Always use latest and updated anti-virus software to scan the PC.
- Do not visit or click any unauthorized sites.
- You should use only updated windows versions.
- Keep your system updated with the latest security features.
How to Uninstall MyMemory Easily
MyMemory is classified as adware or potentially unwanted program which annoys the users during their web session. It is capable to violate the security settings and find its own way to invade in the targeted system. Usually, MyMemory comes attached with spam emails, infected removable devices, free software etc and gets installed as an extension in different web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. It does not allow the users to surf normally and misleads them to the suspicious sites. Your screen will be filled with lots of advertisements and promotional alerts. It convince the users to download the free software, video or music files and in the meantime installs harmful threats in bundles to affect the PC efficiency. Thus, do not get trapped in the scam of hackers and avoid clicking on MyMemory anymore.
Besides this, MyMemory can also interrupt your online shopping session by displaying variety of deals, best offers, discount coupons, promo codes etc. It claims to help the users to shop under their budget and convince them to purchase products from its links. You must be aware that when you will make payment then third party hackers can gain your financial details secretly. It can result extremely dangerous for the users identity as the system performance. So, you need to take immediate action in order to get rid of MyMemory permanently after detection.
A. MyMemory Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view MyMemory related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete MyMemory Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove MyMemory Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for MyMemory related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than MyMemory, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. MyMemory Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall MyMemory related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find MyMemory or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall MyMemory or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search MyMemory program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall MyMemory toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove MyMemory extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove MyMemory
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove MyMemory set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of MyMemory to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove MyMemory add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove MyMemory Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from MyMemory. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. MyMemory Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect MyMemory or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete MyMemory completely.
User Guide : Automatic MyMemory Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of MyMemory and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of MyMemory and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with MyMemory
Step 5 MyMemory Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.