- Name: SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510
- Type: Trojan
- Discovered on: 25th October 2016
- Updated on: 25th October 2016, 7:47:51 AM
- Risk Impact: High
- Infection Length: Varies
- Affected Systems: Windows Operating System
All You Need To Know About SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510
SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 is a dangerous Trojan virus which may commit DDoS attacks onto the determined targets. Although, one of the most threatening aspects of this malware is the fact that it may launch the harmful attacks regardless of victim's operating system. Mainly, it attacks the Windows operating system. Furthermore, the security researchers have observed that the Trojan may launch DDoS attacks to the systems with Mac or Linux based operating system as well. Besides, the rise of malwares like SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 indicates that it is highly likely that the attacks may also increase in future.
In addition to that, the cyber security experts received news of a cross-platform related to DDoS bot which is Java based. The threat is a Java application that makes the malware compatible with any type of operating systems that can run Java app. Hence, this increases the scope of virus attacks, since its dependency on Java implies that SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 may also be used on Mac and Linux OS based computers. However, it also means that shutting off the Java and only using it when it is strictly necessary may stop the malware from running on an affected machine. One of the best way to block the infiltration of this threat is to avoid visiting unsafe websites that are filled with malicious content and always protect your PC with a reliable security shield.
How Does SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Trojan Work?
As soon as the malware infects the targeted machine, it will take immediate action in order to ensure that it runs automatically whenever the infected PC starts up. On Windows computer, the Trojan makes several changes to the Registry Editor. On Mac operating system, it may use the automatic launch service and on the Linux OS, the SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 may add itself to /etc/init.d/. Then after, it may communicate with its C&C (Command and Control) server by using IRC. Cyber offenders may use IRC in order to deliver the malware in a simple command with the targeted IP address and the intensity of DDoS attack that the hackers want to carry out.
A. SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 completely.
User Guide : Automatic SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510
Step 5 SONAR.Heur.RGC!g510 Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.