Are you getting some warning messages by CIA Special Agent Virus on your System screen? Are your files encrypted and block you to access or open? Is it ask you to pay the ransom note to get access to all files? Do you not want to pay a penny to decrypt files? If so, follow the instructions carefully which described in this post. It will definitely help you to get rid of CIA Special Agent Virus.
Do you know what is CIA Special Agent Virus?
CIA Special Agent Virus is one of the worst and popular screens locking virus that discovered by Pieter Arntz. It scares System user by displaying the fake warning message which includes a fake badge for an agent and claims that your files are encrypted by using an extremely unbreakable and secure algorithm.
Like another screen locker, it may installed on your System secretly via riskware or a fake update, macro-enabled file etc. It displays a System lock screen and prevents System user from accessing the desktop and file manager. This variant of ransomware infiltrates into your PC secretly and locks your System screen by displaying a pop-up which contains a ransom-demanding message.
The ransom message states that victim's files have been encrypted and the files can be only restored by using a unique decryption key. Private or decryption key is supposedly stored to the remote server that controlled by the hackers. It asks a user to pay a ransom of $100 in BTC. If the payments are not submitted within the provided timeframe, the ransom price will be increased to $250 and $500 afterward. But you should not trust on such a fake message because it only created by hackers to trick you.
It has been revealed by malware researchers that CIA Special Agent Virus disables the keyboard shortcuts, inbuilt tools on the Operating System such as taskmngr.exe, cmd.exe, and regedit.exe. It is designed to simulate a situation which is similar to the aftereffects that caused by GoldenEye Ransomware. This type of virus is programmed by its developers to create a ruse and make System users think that data was encrypted on the compromised device.
How to protect PC against CIA Special Agent Virus?
CIA Special Agent Virus uses lots of deceptive and tricky things to spread over the PC. Similar to the traditional ransomware, it intrudes into the PC via Spam email campaigns. When you access or open any email attachments that comes from the unknown senders then it secretly gets intrudes into your PC without asking for your approval. Beside this, it lurks into the PC via torrent files, freeware packages, infected peripheral devices, scan drives etc. You can avoid your data and PC from the attack of by taking some prevention measures which are as follows:-
- Avoid to press the Next button too fast during the installation process.
- Read terms & Conditions completely.
- Always opt Advanced or Custom mode of installation in place of Typical or Default installation.
- Uncheck the options that state that your search settings and homepage will be modified.
- Avoid to install any additional software.
How to Remove CIA Special Agent Virus Completely
CIA Special Agent Virus is one of the most dangerous and notorious trojan threat which is quite very troublemaker and contribute lots of problems for the innocent PC users. This threat is now disbursed all across and has targeted many of the windows computer to put its harmful effects. Although, CIA Special Agent Virus might not seen to be very dangerous and so mostly people avoid its presence. Nevertheless, it is a very dreadful trojan infection that sneaks into computer very silently and quickly manages to hide its identity without letting anyone know about its presence. CIA Special Agent Virus execute command prompt to continue its evil tasks and copies file name to prevents itself from being detected. Now, there must be in your mind how such type of malware slips into PC.
Below is the list of negative impact of CIA Special Agent Virus is given that would let you know how dangerous and infectious CIA Special Agent Virus is.
CIA Special Agent Virus often copies genuine file and prevent itself from being detected.
It changes file name stored in the PC with malicious extensions.
You might notice certain changes into the system default settings.
It is a troublemaker threat which creates problems when you reboot your computer.
Its worst impact might leads to unusual shut down of Computer
It is responsible for slower system performance speed.
CIA Special Agent Virus brings your privacy at high risk and allows web hackers to use you personal details for illegal purpose which might lead you to become identity theft victim.
A. CIA Special Agent Virus Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view CIA Special Agent Virus related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete CIA Special Agent Virus Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove CIA Special Agent Virus Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for CIA Special Agent Virus related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than CIA Special Agent Virus, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. CIA Special Agent Virus Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall CIA Special Agent Virus related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find CIA Special Agent Virus or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall CIA Special Agent Virus or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search CIA Special Agent Virus program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall CIA Special Agent Virus toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove CIA Special Agent Virus extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove CIA Special Agent Virus
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove CIA Special Agent Virus set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of CIA Special Agent Virus to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove CIA Special Agent Virus add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove CIA Special Agent Virus Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from CIA Special Agent Virus. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. CIA Special Agent Virus Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect CIA Special Agent Virus or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete CIA Special Agent Virus completely.
User Guide : Automatic CIA Special Agent Virus Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of CIA Special Agent Virus and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of CIA Special Agent Virus and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with CIA Special Agent Virus
Step 5 CIA Special Agent Virus Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.