Since Sunday morning, my browser constantly got redirect me on Search.eshield.com whenever I tried to visit any legit site. Also the browsers settings got replaced without my permission. I do not understand what is happening on my system. Please anyone help me soon to get out of this annoying PC problem.
Specific information about Search.eshield.com
- Name – Search.eshield.com
- Type – Browser Hijacker
- Dangers – Medium
- IP address – 220.127.116.11
- Created – 13/09/2001
- Expires – 13/09/2017
- Updated – 21/03/2017
- Symptoms – Divert users on harmful sites, hijacked browsers, display ads etc.
- Distributions – Program bundles, infected links, fake updates etc.
- Affected Browsers – Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, Edge etc.
Search.eshield.com : What do you think about it? Is it safe to use
eshield is a dubious browser add-on tool that claims to offer security protection while you surfing Internet. It is developed by the FindWide company. It enter on your system by using deceptive marketing techniques called "bundling" (stealth installation of additional programs along with the source program without users consent). This browser hijacker been installed on your system and added to your favorite browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Edge and Safari to make changes into their default settings to replace home page or search engine. Search.eshield.com changes your new page settings to redirect users on other page rather than they wanted to visit. Once it slips on your system then it takes on your browsers, divert users, showing many kinds of unwanted advertisements or pop-ups to disturbs you lot everytime go online to surf internet. It completely ruin your surfing experience.
It can endanger your personal privacy in danger by collecting valuable or sensitive information and may send to their makers. Mostly this Search.eshield.com kinds of programs comes on your system without your knowledge while installing a new program on your system. Many of the programs do not discloses the installation setups and not display their download managers to install an additional program along with the source program to drop malware infection into the users system. Some other invasion techniques are through spam emails, malicious ads, infected links, peer to peer, visit of suspicious sites and many more. So you should be ready to install a credible and strong anti-malware to remove Search.eshield.com from compromised system permanently.
A. Search.eshield.com Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Search.eshield.com related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Search.eshield.com Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Search.eshield.com Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Search.eshield.com related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Search.eshield.com, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Search.eshield.com Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Search.eshield.com related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Search.eshield.com or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Search.eshield.com or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Search.eshield.com program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Search.eshield.com toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Search.eshield.com extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Search.eshield.com
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Search.eshield.com set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Search.eshield.com to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Search.eshield.com add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Search.eshield.com Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Search.eshield.com. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Search.eshield.com Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Search.eshield.com or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Search.eshield.com completely.
User Guide : Automatic Search.eshield.com Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Search.eshield.com and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Search.eshield.com and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Search.eshield.com
Step 5 Search.eshield.com Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.