Adware.Vidsquare – what is it?
Adware.Vidsquare is newly detected ad-supported program that may be wanted by some people but surely unwanted by many. Hence, security research community has declared it as an adware program. Technically, Vidsquare is a not a malware/virus but it poses direct risk to your privacy. Though, you should remove the adware from your computer as early as possible. But first, gather some useful information, so that in near future you don't let this adware to invade your computer. Research reprot reveals that Adware.Vidsquare is capable of altering your browser DNS settings to reroute your web browser to revenue generating websites. These websites can phishing or misleading. Sometime, this adware also redirects your browser to legitimate online shopping websites like Amazon.com, Aliexpress.com and so on. Their monthly revenue depends on your per click or purchase from certainly redirected web pages.
Once your computer is infected with Adware.Vidsquare, you see a whole lot of ads having tagline 'RocketTab powered by Vidsquare' or Ads by Vidsquare. Even you may see massive pop ups, banners, hyperlinks, chat boxes, flash ads and others. When you click any of them, your computer gets readdressed to malicious websites and you see fake security alerts and warnings. When you get scared, remote attackers try to extort money from you in each possible way. What is worse, these pop ups will cover up your full browser screen and don't get closed on your clicks. Sometimes, excessive ads may cause unexpected system crash, application freeze up, page loading error and other problems as well.
How did Adware.Vidsquare get on your PC?
It's really important to know that Adware.Vidsquare always comes bundled with free programs and gets installed on your computer through their installers or setups which don't adequately disclose that optional software would be installed along with it. When you pay close attention to EULA and installation screens you see that optional programs are queued to perform stealth installation. You need to manually decline optional installation to avoid Adware.Vidsquare attacks. The best is to choose Custom or Advanced installation on the setup window to block third party software.
In my opinion, Adware.Vidsquare is actually designed to displays countless online advertising contents and misleading webpages. Though, removal of Adware.Vidsquare is essential, if you want to keep your privacy safe and PC out of risk.
A. Adware.Vidsquare Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Adware.Vidsquare related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Adware.Vidsquare Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Adware.Vidsquare Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Adware.Vidsquare related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Adware.Vidsquare, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Adware.Vidsquare Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Adware.Vidsquare related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Adware.Vidsquare or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Adware.Vidsquare or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Adware.Vidsquare program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Adware.Vidsquare toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Adware.Vidsquare extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Adware.Vidsquare
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Adware.Vidsquare set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Adware.Vidsquare to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Adware.Vidsquare add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Adware.Vidsquare Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Adware.Vidsquare. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Adware.Vidsquare Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Adware.Vidsquare or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Adware.Vidsquare completely.
User Guide : Automatic Adware.Vidsquare Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Adware.Vidsquare and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Adware.Vidsquare and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Adware.Vidsquare
Step 5 Adware.Vidsquare Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.