Have you encountered Acronym malware on your computer? Existing applications are not working properly due to this threat and you noticed that the computer is getting shut down in some interval of time? If your ans is yes and you want to remove Acronym malware from the computer then you exactly came on the right place. Read the post carefully it definitely help to remove Acronym malware from the infected PC.
Summary Report On Acronym malware
Security researchers discovered a new virus threat known as the Acronym malware which can be linked an old campaign dubbed Operation Potao Express. The old campaign was known as a “universal cyber espionage toolkit”. The malware has been first analyzed by a security firm in 2015, but the nasty malware has been around since year 2011. According to the malware research report, the Russian hackers are responsible for generating this threat. The threat used by the con artists in cyber attacks aimed at entities in Ukraine, Georgia, Belarus, and Russia.
The following behavior has been identified with these infections:
- Its predecessors consists of a payload dropper and a main executable file. Once the dropper has been deployed to the target system in kills any processes named “wmpnetwk.exe”” using the taskkill /f /im wmpnetwk.exe command.
- Depending on the Windows version it creates a persistent environment for itself.
- A temporary file is created which starts with the “HH” string and uses the TMP file extension.
- To prevent multiple copies of itself from running, the virus engine creates and monitors a predefined mutex.
- It loads a DLL received from the C&C servers and looks for code located in the “Scan” or “Plug” export function. If any code is found within “Scan” it is executed and the all results are sent to the C&C servers in a report.
Intrusion Way Of Acronym malware & Its Prevention Tips
Acronym malware infect the PC with the help of junk email attachments. So users very careful while open any such type of attachments. Most of the time, it comes with freeware application which is installed by unofficial sites. For prevent your PC from its invasion users should always download or installed any application only for legitimate or official sites.
A. Acronym malware Manual Removal
How to Change the System Folder Settings to view hidden files
On Windows 7 | Vista
Windows Logo button is to be selected and then you need to Open Windows Explorer.
Click on Organize selecting Folder and Search Options.
Now Click on View Tab and select Show hidden files and folders Option to view Acronym malware related files.
Click on OK to Apply
On Windows 8
Select on Windows + E keys in combination on the keyboard.
Click on View Tab option
File name Extensions along with hidden items is to be checked
Step 2: Delete Acronym malware Related Files in Hidden Folders as given
- %Temp%\[adware name]
- %AppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name]
- %LocalAppData%\[adware name].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[adware name]
Step 3 : Remove Acronym malware Related Registry Files on Windows
First, Open Registry Editor
On Windows 7| Vista
Click on Start Button
Select on Run Button
Finally Click on OK button
On Windows 8 Computer
Click on Win [Window Key] + R in Combination on Keyboard
Type regedit.exe in dialog box and press OK.
Confirm OK to open the registry editor.
Look for Acronym malware related files and entries created in Win Registry.
Note: This step is only suitable for users having Technical Skills, if you delete any other entries other than Acronym malware, it will permanently damage your PC.
B. Acronym malware Removal from Windows OS
How to Uninstall Acronym malware related program on PC
on Windows 10
1. On Win 10 Screen, Click on Start Menu and Select All apps.
this will show entire list of apps installed on Win 10, Find Acronym malware or any other suspicious program from the list. Right Click on the Selected item to uninstall it.
On Win 7 | Vista
- Select and Click on the Start Button and Click on Control Panel using Start Menu.
2. You need to Select Uninstall Program under the Program Category in Control Panel.
3. Using the Window, Program and Features option, select Installed on to view all the recently installed programs, Now uninstall Acronym malware or any other suspicious programs.
From window 8 PC
1. Press Windows key + I simultaneously , then open Setting Bar, click Control Panel to open it
2. Under Programs category, select Uninstall a program
3. Search Acronym malware program in Program and Features window, then click on Uninstall
Step 2:- Uninstall Acronym malware toolbar, add-on, plug-in and extension from browser IE/Microsoft Edge/Firefox/Google Chrome
From Chrome Browser
1. On Chrome browser, select menu
2. Select Advanced Settings option
3. Click on Extension
4. To remove Acronym malware extension, click on Trash icon
5. Select the Remove option in dialog box
From Microsoft Edge Browser
( Microsoft Edge does not support extension, now you have to just reset the search engine and homepage of Edge browser)
1. Set homepage on Edge browser to remove Acronym malware
On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
3. View Advanced Settings for specific page, to set homepage to Open with option
4. To set your own homepage click on Custom, the then type URL of your own homepage
2. To remove Acronym malware set default Search Engine
- On address bar click More(..), and then select Settings option
- select the View advanced settings option
- Select “Search in the address bar with”, then enter the search engine by clicking on <Add new> option, then click on Add as default
- Custom option is to be selected, enter the URL of the homepage to be set as
From IE Browser
1. To open Manage add-ons on your IE browser, click on Tools button
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions, them make a selection of Acronym malware to remove it
3. Now click on Reset button to remove Acronym malware add-ons
From Firefox browser
1. To open Add-on Manager tab, select Menu button, and then click on Add-ons
2. Click Extensions
3. Select Remove or Disable button
How to Remove Acronym malware Automatically
Well, in the fast growing technology and day by day increasing malicious activities of cyber criminals, it is necessary for every computer user to protect their PC from Acronym malware. You must own a best removal tool which can provide safety and security to your windows machine. Acronym malware Free Scanner is one of the best tool which is capable to detect Acronym malware or any malware completely from compromised machine. However you need to purchase its licensed version to delete Acronym malware completely.
User Guide : Automatic Acronym malware Free Scanner
Step 1 Download the software and now install it on your computer. Click on “Scan Computer” to detect presence of Acronym malware and its harmful traces.
Step 2 Scan in progress can be viewed
Step 3 Use System Guard feature to block entry of Acronym malware and its infectious files.
Step 4 HelpDesk is an additional feature which is can sort out all your troubles usually you face when PC is infected with Acronym malware
Step 5 Acronym malware Free Scanner has Network Sentry feature which helps to block modification done through Internet connectivity on your computer system.
Step 6 Enable Scan Scheduler feature on your computer to perform scanning at pre set time like daily, weekly or monthly.